WELCOME TO THE ACS COMPUTER OUTLET BLOG!

Monday, September 27, 2010

How a Slow Computer Helps Me Multitask


Is your computer as slow as mine?  I find myself throwing in a load of laundry, opening the snail mail or taking the dog out while waiting for my computer to load a program or boot up or open a browser window.  Sure I am getting a lot done – just not the things I need to accomplish online or on my computer.

There are numerous reasons for computer slowdown.  It could be that there are programs running in the background; the space on the hard drive could be nearing capacity; lots of deleted files have created a lot of fragments.  There may be viruses or spyware slowing things down and causing mayhem.  Or it could be a mechanical issue.  Your processor or RAM chips could be overheating. Your hard drive could be suffering from old age and reaching the end of its usable life. 

There is plenty of information online to troubleshoot these issues and I will blog about those next.  But if you are not tech savvy and need assistance, I would recommend the technicians at ACS.  Just stop by the service center in Akron if you live close or send them an online inquiry (http://www.acsoutlet.com/service/repair.asp ).  The staff really knows their stuff and can help solve your slow computer woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment